Mysterious Errors in Visual Studio

Today i encountered this weird error after i upgraded one of my Kentico  projects to a new version. 

The problem was , i added newer versions of some existing DLL file references to my Visual Studio solution and when i ran the build , it gave me mysterious errors ! Mysterious because even though there is no error seemingly , it gives the red error message and the whole deal.

So after much googling i realized that it was my stupid mistake which caused all of this. 

Cause of the error was : My project was built on an older .NET version than the one which the new DLLs were built on. So i did not get a clear error message but some generic "missing references" message.

p.s - I know i am too stupid to not infer the cause from the "missing reference" message :P . But i will just post this for any future idiots like my self stuck in a rut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wasted about an hour of my life on something so trivial

Connecting to AWS DynamoDb with .NET CORE

Hiding YouTube comments section